Sunday, December 18, 2011

Musings for the year to come

It is the 19th of December just six days away from Christmas. Honestly, I didn't even feel the season creeping in. I suppose it is true, Christmas seems to be a holiday for children, what with the expectation of gifts and toys. My concern now really is changes I would like to make for the coming year. I do want to travel more next year priority is overseas but I wouldn't mind local travel either. I'm so hungry for new experiences and discovery. Definitely at the top of my list. Next I want to be more serious about my spiritual study which I intend to continue with brahma kumaris. I have put this off a lot this year and while reading books are also good, it is entirely different to have conversations with a guru. Of course I also want to commit myself to something that can help the community. I am still in the process of deciding what I would like to focus on as there are so many that need help and support. The community also means my immediate family, and I know I should have more time to spend with my mother. Lastly, I want to really identify what my vocation will be. We always talk of purpose and for me this is what should drive us to do the things we do. I have already started a small business with a few friends selling organic/natural products and I feel that this is how I see myself in the future. To encourage people to care for the environment and be healthier as a result. I have stopped eating meat for many months now and I couldn't be happier with this decision. All living things have energy and for the longest time I have felt bad about the slaughter of animals. If I can influence people in their ways, then I would have done some good already.

No comments: